Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Back from Atlanta...



So let me preface this post by saying, we are the ABSOLUTE worst bloggers ever! And when I say "we," I mean "me," because that is my job and boy have I been catching an ear full from the boss man (Brandon) about how I have been slacking. Truth be told though, with us both back in school, the last few months have been CRAZY! So my plan is to fill you in on what we've been up to and what we have coming up.

Last weekend Brandon and I spent a long weekend in Atlanta. It was supposed to be a long weekend of rest and relaxation. Why I thought going to one of the most bustling cities in the nation would be relaxing is beyond me. I was more tired when we got back then before we left. I will sum up the trip in one statement. Don't attempt to drive around Atlanta without a city map (duh, right?), a GPS, or an Iphone or Blackberry (the lack of Iphone might have or might not have been a sense of contention on the trip). We spent 90% of our time being lost...Brandon kept saying 'how nice it was to see the road less traveled...' HAHAHA. When we got lost on our way home we did see some awesome pecan tree fields and peach orchards around Macon and my new fantasy is to shoot an engagement or wedding in a pecan field...

While we were in Atlanta we visited our beloved Braves at Turner Field:






oh and the Braves won 4-3 btw...take that Manny Ramirez!

We also checked out the Georgia Aquarium...which was awesome! I especially loved the Titanic exhibit they have going on right now. I kept telling Brandon that I was desperate to get home and watch the movie, I am such a nerd! Here are a few shots from the aquarium...












After the aquarium we bid farewell to Atlanta (well after we got directions from a homeless guy that helped us get out of the city) and headed home on I-75. You may be thinking to yourself, why would they be headed home on I-75?? Well that's because we took the wrong road home!! Needless to say after about 7 hours I was delirious and ready to get out of the car. Somewhere around Troy, Alabama (A very rural area) we stopped for Mexican food at a place called Monarca's. After dinner, as I pondered setting up camp in the woods beside the parking lot (because I thought I would never get home) Brandon captured this picture of me. He affectionately refers to this as when I "converted to backwoodsism."



So LOONG story not so short, after about 9 hours, we were back in Florida. The moral of the story? Things may not go as you plan but if you have a camera to capture some of the funny moments it's easier to look back on it and laugh later;)
Have a great night-
Susan

PS...How could I forget?? One of our pictures from last weeks' engagement shoot was featured on www.ritzybee.com. Click here to check it out!


Tomorrow I will be blogging on this fabulous shoot!! See you then